Let me give you a very valuable piece of advice - When you are at work, put your phones away! Unless your mother is in the hospital or your wife is due to have a baby, they don't belong on your desk and you shouldn't constantly be on them at work. Leave them in your purse, coat pocket, car, etc. and only pull them out when on break.
Why, you ask?
- It looks terrible to your supervisor who is noticing how often you interrupt your work to check your phone.
- It effects your efficiency and productivity which your supervisor is noticing.
- It likely will affect your job security.
- It likely will affect your ability to get good references when you choose to move on to a new position.
- And it's just not good to your mental health to be so dependent on it.