Thursday, August 20, 2009

Coffee with J.D. Thorne

Today I had coffee with J.D. Thorne who knows my father-in-law. His experience is with employment law and working with companies to develop good human resources policies to avoid future problems. He has written two books: one dealing with employment law, Concise Guide to Successful Employment Practices, and one related to baseball, The 10 Commandments of Baseball, which looks really interesting.

He shared with me some of the current issues in employment law as well as helped me start networking with other attorneys. Currently I'm looking for a job as office support in a law firm to help me clarify my career plans and to save up some money for law school in a few years.

It was very gracious of him to meet with me and offer to help me connect with other attorneys and law firms.


No comments:

Post a Comment