Friday, November 6, 2009

A chance to see if I really want to spend the money on law school

I have just accepted a job working with a non-profit law firm as a paralegal dealing with cases of domestic violence and child abuse. Although starting a new job, especially one so different from what I have done in the past, can be scary, I am confident that this position will give me an incredible experience to use and improve my Spanish as well as allow me to see what working in family law is like. I was a little apprehensive about how emotionally draining it will likely be working with this population but the more I thought about it, the more I realized that this is a population that truly needs help and if I won't do it, who will? I strongly believe that in life it is so important to regularly step out of your comfort zone both for your own personal growth and for the good of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment