Thursday, September 20, 2012

Taxes and Teachers

Click on this link to read Professor James Edward Maule's blog post from today entitled Taxes and Teachers.  Professor Maule's blog MauledAgain discusses a variety of tax topics and how they affect real people.  Even though I am not in the tax field at all, I enjoy reading his blog on occasion.  As a former teacher, this post really hit home.  I have boxes and boxes of stuff in my basement that I purchased for my classroom to enhance student learning and those boxes don't include all the stuff that was not reusable.  So many people are quick to bash teachers and the excessive salaries and benefits they supposedly receive without understanding the entire picture.  Each year schools are cutting the budgets for classroom supplies to the point where there is almost no budget for that.  One teacher I spoke to last spring stated that she was buying her own copy paper to print student materials because the school only provided enough for a few months of the school year!

No comments:

Post a Comment