Friday, October 2, 2009

I am remembered....

I just got an e-mail from a former colleague with questions from a student in my Spanish I class last year. She was looking for the name of the video series we watched last year (Sam - Extra Series) and the name of a song she really liked (Me Voy - by Julieta Venegas). It's exciting to see a student that actually remembers something from last year and has an interest in finding out more.

My colleague also mentioned in the e-mail that the student misses me. This was a class that was hard to leave. If I had classes like this more often along with more support from administrators and parents, I wouldn't be leaving the profession. But this class really was that rare gem. A small class with some really strong positive leaders and other students who fed off the excitement of the class. This will be a class I always remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment